How do you become a great leader? If you’re like most, you probably read a lot of books, listen to podcasts, and attend a few conferences. But one of the best ways to grow is to learn from the actual “wisdom of experience” of other leaders. Which is why we’ve compiled the following ten questions – each being answered by the many business leaders who have unselfishly stepped up to “pay it forward” – freely sharing their first-hand career experience. If you’re an experienced leader, please join our “pay it forward” movement by sharing your response to each question below:
Did anyone have a tremendous impact on your leadership journey and if so, how?
- What are the most important decisions you make as a leader of an organization?
- How do you encourage people to take control and responsibility?
- How do you help a new employee understand the culture of your organization?
- When faced with two equally qualified candidates, how do you determine whom to hire?
- What is one characteristic that you believe every leader should possess?
- What is the biggest challenge facing leaders today?
- What is one mistake you witness leaders making more frequently than others?
- What advice would you give someone going into a leadership position for the first time?
How do you define leadership success?
EDITOR’S NOTE: Please number your Answers below to match the sequence of Questions above! Responses will be extracted into a follow-up article to be published next month!