If you are looking to start a new business or create viable online representation for an existing business, a website is essential. Practically all successful businesses have websites that users can explore, helping to advertise the brand and achieve further financial growth. The better your site is, the more people know about your brand, and therefore the more you can rely on the steady incline of your sales.
If you are looking to start a website for your business, you might assume that you can do it all yourself. After all, how hard can it be? With sites like WordPress and SquareSpace, anyone can create a site, right? This is true, but in order to create a site that will be impactful and successful, you need more insight than simply creating a site that contains the right information.
Want to know more about creating a website with a web designer? Here are 3 reasons why you should hire a web designer.
1. The best UX possible
UX, standing for user experience, is crucial to having an effective website. The user experience of your site should have the following feeling/effects:
- Easy to navigate. Your site should not be confusing or frustrating for a potential customer who is looking to explore all you have to offer. Having an easy-to-navigate is easier said than done; a layout that makes sense to you, the creator, may not make sense to others.
- No glitching or complicated payment. If your business site will allow customers to pay for services or goods online, this should be straightforward for even the most novice of web users. If the payment is unsecure, problematic or glitches often, your business will come across as disreputable.
- Calls to action. A call to action is a direction for the site user to take further steps. This could be ‘Buy now!’ or ‘Click here’. Incorporating calls to action encourages the site user to explore the site further.
Hiring a web designer to create the perfect UX can allow your business to have a smooth-running website that represents the integrity, individuality and ease of your business.
2. Attractive, stand-out design
One aspect that your site must have is an attractive, stand-out design. A boring, formulaic site layout is more likely to make potential new customers disinterested in what your business has to offer. Here are some features that a stand-out website might include:
- Beautiful, professional images. Particularly if your products are aesthetic, such as art, ornaments, furniture, cars or homes, professional images are a must. A potential customer must want to learn more about your business when they see a picture of what you have to offer. If the imagery is unimpressive, your business will appear unimpressive too.
- Easy to read, snappy text. There’s nothing worse than a font you can barely read, or a company site having huge chunks of rambling text on their page. Make sure that the text you have on your site is short, snappy, interesting, and exciting to read.
- An appropriate color scheme. Having a classy, elegant color scheme on your site really sets the tone for the customer experience. Your site should be bold and eye catching, but that doesn’t mean you should necessarily overface your customers with garish colors. A web designer can create a color scheme that matches the vibe and energy of your company perfectly.
3. SEO opportunities
SEO, standing for search engine optimization, is the perfect way to keep traffic to your business site strong. Using a web designer/product design agency and/or SEO agency, your company can include links, keywords and other SEO techniques within its site content in order to boost its rankings on Google and other search engines. SEO allows your site to be found much more easily based on Google searches from individuals, maintaining high traffic and increasing your customer base.
A web designer, found through a WordPress web design agency or similar, can create SEO opportunities by working with writers to produce the right kind of content that your business needs. These opportunities are invaluable for growing your customer base and enhancing people’s awareness of your business when they search for a product or service you offer.
Although you may be very confident in knowing what you want your website to look like, and the services and products your business offers, a web designer brings a different approach. Using their expertise of browser behavior and design techniques, a web designer will work with you on recreating your brand in an online sphere.