Repeat after me:
I do not want to protect the environment. I want us to create a world where the environment needs no protection.
Why should you even have to protect the environment? Would it not be much easier to create a world where the environment needs no protection? How can this be achieved in a world where man leaves a heavy footprint wherever he goes?
In brief: to create an economically more sustainable future for ourselves and for future generations, we must focus upon developing the following sectors:
- Transition away from polluting and environmentally damaging fossil fuels and sources of energy that involve serious risks for both the environment and overall health => renewable energy sources such as geothermal energy, hydropower, ocean energy, solar energy, and wind energy. The global energy sector is the main reason for human-caused climate change and global warming.
- Development of cleantech, including the previously mentioned energy sector.
- Circular economies, including recycling and drastic reduction of produced waste.
- Sustainable agriculture, farming, and fishing practices.
- Education => slowing down population growth.
- Legislation and taxation that supports sustainable economic development.
Contact me directly for further discussion.