by Andy Thompson, Guest Contributor
[su_dropcap style=”flat”]W[/su_dropcap]HY DO PEOPLE praise gardens that are well maintained or managed? Gardens such as Keukenhof Gardens from The Netherlands or Suan Nong Nooch of Thailand are visited by people from all around the globe. The reason is very simple and that is because the gardens are maintained regularly and managed by a smart set of people. The beauty is preserved and the attraction does not die with time. One can say that there is definitely a hidden marketing strategy in relation with this management. The same thing applies to Facebook page management as well. A company or a person needs to keep up his Facebook page management with time, otherwise the page will wither way just like the flowers in a garden. There is no doubt that Facebook is one of the most popular social networking site around the world. With billions of users around the globe, it is only the fools who would not have a proper Facebook marketing strategy. So, irrespective of being an individual or a big organisation, everyone is trying to take advantage of Facebook marketing. One should understand that Facebook marketing by making a Facebook page is not a one day affair. It needs regular managing to keep up with competitors that are increasing with each passing day.
Facebook page needs constant attention and also, several steps need to be followed to keep maintaining the Facebook page created. Maintaining the Facebook page is directly related to Facebook marketing strategy. Certain steps that need to be taken for maintaining the Facebook page are:
[message type=”custom” width=”100%” start_color=”#F0F0F0 ” end_color=”#F0F0F0 ” border=”#BBBBBB” color=”#333333″]
- The most important step is to keep posting regularly. There is a difference of opinion among people regarding this point as well. Some people feel that posting too much might irritate the followers whereas posting too little might leave a person lost in the jungle of postings. So, a balance needs to be maintained. The amount of posting can be decided by checking on the number of feedback generated per posting. This should give a clear idea to the person about the number of postings that can be done in a day or in a week. Prior planning should be done about the subject on which the posting needs to be done. Vague postings mostly get ignored and the backlash, sometimes, is very severe.
- It should be remembered that timing is always very important, be it life or Facebook. Posting at a time when the maximum number of Facebook users are online can be a great Facebook marketing strategy. By research, it has been found that most users are online at 11AM, 3PM and 8PM. Updating posts at around 11PM is bound to yield the maximum result. Timing is obviously an important part of managing a Facebook page. Keeping in mind the time zone difference is important if the target audience is from a different time zone.
- One must be very careful while posting contents. Nobody likes self-promotion, so it should be mostly avoided. Posting contents that might seem interesting to others should be posted for getting better output. For companies, there is always the opportunity to post upcoming or new products and gauge the market response. The post should be made in such a manner that makes a person curious. Then, only people will like it and probably become a client in future. All postings should be made in such a manner that people become eager to see it. Before the main posting is made, there is always the option of posting teasers with a banner “Coming Up”. This has yielded remarkable results.
- Do not always expect other people to like your post. So, it is very important to like other people’s witty posts so that they reciprocate without any hesitation. It should always be kept in mind that Facebook is a social networking website. Interaction with followers should be maintained to get noticed and create confidence. This is a major part of managing a Facebook page. Replying to comments posted against a posting is always very important and proves a person’s sociability. Thanking every person that likes a post should be an integral part of Facebook page management. These Facebook marketing strategies are time tested and so, it can be relied on.
- To attract more followers for the Facebook page, a person or organisation should post uncommon facts about people that are their inspiration or are liked by them. This attracts the group of people that have the same liking. So, the number of followers increase and this in turn, is a great Facebook marketing strategy.
- Another very important part of maintaining a Facebook page is treating every follower in the same manner. It might happen that some of the followers give regular comments or likes to updates while others may respond after weeks or months. This should not be the criteria for treating individuals separately. It is important to think about the people following you and even thinking about them from their perspective. This will bring closeness and later give dividends. Every individual differs character wise and so, it would be unwise to respond in a harsh manner to a bad comment as this creates negative impact on the page. Never delete a bad comment posted by a follower. It is better to face it than run away.[/message]
Maintaining a Facebook page is not always about strategy but also about heart. If a person maintains the above strategies day in and day out, then he or she can rest assured that the result can only be in the positive direction. Different people use different strategies for Facebook marketing, but only those succeed that keep on trying. Nobody should expect the results overnight as that would be the point of demise for the Facebook page. It takes time to build the reputation in real life as well as online so patience is the name of the game. Everyday competition is increasing as far as online marketing is concerned, but only those that have the tenacity to struggle come out the winners.
Andy Thompson has been a freelance writer for a long while. Her passion in writing is her main drive in crafting articles that are engaging, informative, and meaningful. Her partnership with TroopSocial has given her a whole new opportunity to take writing to a whole new level.