Ramadan Mubarak!! My prayer for you this year is to heal, replenish, and boost your spirit, mind, body, and emotions. Ameen. And if you are not Muslim, my prayer also applies to you even more so. The best part of Ramadan is not only that it’s a time to rest the body, mind, and soul but we are encouraged to do acts of charity for our brothers and sisters in humanity. We so need that these days. The simplest act of charity is a smile.
We’ve all been thrown off track with the coronavirus or COVID 19 whatever your preference.
Whether we are finding ourselves out of a job or working at home while educating our children at home and being “shelter in place” 24 hours a day for the past 2 months and now into Ramadan, we are all struggling to wrap our brains around this new normal. Some of you I know have also lost loved ones. Please don’t lose heart! As hard and miserable as it all may seem, life IS happening for YOU and not against! Please breathe those words in. Believe me, I have to remind myself of that every 10 minutes.
Instead, as you read this, think of what you have to be grateful in this moment? Here’s what I’m grateful for:
- Attending an online conference yesterday which I would have missed because my daughter had a fever. I was able to tend to her and as she slept off her fever take notes and participate.
- I didn’t have to travel to the West Coast and be away from my children
- The connections I made at this conference and an earlier online event that again I would have missed because it’s here in DC
- My 2020 Book project went live yesterday and hit best seller
- A conversation I had with a friend today
- I slept in
- I read the Quran alone and with my children
- I exercised and cooked
- Someone signed up for my 5 Day Bootcamp
- I have a personal relationship with my local halal meat store and they are holding a box dates for me and have prioritized the new veal shipment for my family
As you can see by my list, it’s a blend of the normal, simple, and meaningful. Loving your life as it is. Loving your life in all of its possibilities and being grateful for the “normal and simple” is so healing, replenishing, and stress relieving.
Aren’t your thoughts and body lighter already? What’s your top 10?