Wandering in the mind, in the past the mind’s storehouse of memories —real and imagined.
Wandering in the mind, in the future the field of possibilities created by dreams and fears.
I wonder what happened, is happening, will happen?
This gentle wondering opens the door to curiosity. Then, the possibilities of the future are open, not jammed with fears of the past projected forward.
Looking back at my memories with this gentle question unravels the energy I used to use to hold those memories in place.
- not why
- not why I did what I did
- not why something happened
- not why someone did what they did.
I wonder what that event is
- without my crystalline memories
- without the sharp jagged edges of fear
- without the explosion of anger and self justification of slow simmering fury at being wronged.
– What if I wasn’t wrong?
– What if they weren’t wrong?
- What if my sharp, hard memories are just things that drifted by the window of my soul as I sped down the road on my journey?