With over half of the world’s population connected over emails, there is no denying that email marketing is one of the most promising and prominent marketing channels. Having said that, it is not as easy as it may sound to chalk out and execute that perfect email marketing strategy. Even if you are using Mailchimp templates or you have email developers working for you, it might get challenging for business owners out there.
Hence, it’s always a good idea to draw some inspiration. Today, we would look up to some of the email marketing industry’s thought leaders who have delivered sheer excellence again and again in their glorious careers. Not just that, I have compiled their social media handles so that you can stay updated and have insights into what’s happening around you.
Following these email marketing influencers would not only help you create a roadmap for your campaigns by following their tried and tested methods, but it will also provide you with the much-needed enlightenment on how the marketing industry is shapeshifting, especially in these challenging times.
With almost the entire sitting at home, the rate at which emails are being exchanged is higher than ever. Hence, it becomes all the more imperative to have your email marketing strategy spot on and what’s better than following the footsteps of the thought leaders who have championed this art? So, what are you waiting for? Scroll down and have a look at some of the most influential people in email marketing that you need to follow on social media right now.
Chad S. White
Chad S. White is the Head of Research for Oracle Marketing Cloud Consulting, and in the past, he has been in various positions, such as the lead email marketing researcher at Salesforce, Responsys, and ExactTarget.
He has written the renowned book titles, “Email Marketing Rules.” He has also been quoted in many books, namely, “The Truth about Email Marketing,” “The Rebel’s Guide to Email Marketing,” “Email Marketing: An Hour a Day,” and “Email Marketing by the Numbers.”
- Industry Spotlight: Email Marketing at Nonprofits
- Why GDPR can improve your Email ROI
- Go from Panic to Recovery with This Email Marketing Mistakes Decision Tree [Infographic]
- These are the Biggest Disruptors to the future of Email Marketing
- 6 Ways Nonprofits Can Improve Their Email Creation Process [Infographic]
Ayaz Nanji is the Co-founder of ICW Media, Content Strategist, and Editor. His career has many highlights, including his tenure at The New York Times, AOL, the Travel Channel, Google, and YouTube. What sets Ayaz apart is his strategy to fuse technology with Digital Marketing.
- Black Friday and Cyber Monday Email Benchmarks
- B2B Email Newsletters: Format, Length, and Frequency Trends
- The Most Annoying Things About Email: What Brands, Marketers, and Coworkers Get Wrong
- How Often Brands Send Marketing Emails
One of the biggest names in the field of email marketing, Ryan Phelan, has made exceptional contributions in over two decades of his career. You can take notes of marketing prowess from his channel on Marketing Land.
- The Dummies Guide to Email Automation: When the good goes bad
- Marketers must capitalize on the new wave of email innovation
- How the Halloween zombies can help close your revenue gap
- Why I just marked your Email as spam
Derek Harding has become a subject matter expert in digital and email marketing in a career spanning over two decades. He has worked with organizations like Trendline Interactive, Little Bee Consulting, and Innovyx. He created the much-revered email marketing platform, Dialogue 1to1.
The COO and co-founder of Trendline Interactive, Andrew-Kordek has also executed email marketing strategies while being a part of Quest, Groupon, and Sears Holdings. He is widely recognized as one of the most influential minds of the email marketing industry.
- Get the attention and Investment your Email Program Deserves
- The most overhyped Email Marketing Trends Today
- What Email Marketing books will not teach you
- 6 Critical New Email Engagement Metrics To Track
David Daniels founded The Relevancy Group and is the current CEO as well. In 2018, David was conferred as the Email Marketer Thought Leader of the year by EEC/DMA. He coined the term ESP and created the Email Service Providing sector of Digital Marketing.
- What do Consumers Want from Retailers This Holiday Season?
- Email Marketers seek to Grow their Lists by 9.8% in 2018
- The Relevancy Group Releases Email Agency Buyer’s Guide, AI Market Spotlight Guide and Issue 19 of The Marketer Quarterly
Morgan Stewart is currently serving as the CEO of Trendline Interactive. He has an illustrious career in Email Marketing, with his approximately 100 articles been published in iMediaConnection, MediaProfs, and Mediapost. His work has also been featured in platforms such as Mashable, Fortune, Forbes, and Newsweek.
Noted Publications and mentions:
- The 7 Keystones of Email Marketing Excellence
- Email marketing has come a long way — and over mountains
In a career spanning almost two decades, Kath Pay has been an email marketing consultant for 10 years. She leads Holistic Email Marketing. Kath has served at many prominent marketing organizations like Barclays, Kate Spade, Facebook, Arsenal, Adobe, eBay, Hiscox, and many more.
- Even GDPR Can’t Kill Email
- Personalization: It’s both an Art and a Science
- Give your Email Team the Keys To the Marketing Database
These are some of the most influential personalities who have made it big in email marketing. Follow them on social media and escalate your email marketing game to the next level. Now since you have access to their practices and well-guarded secret recipes, just don’t directly jump onto following those methods blindly.
You need to follow their advice or social media practices but remember, they would only be effective when they are customized as per your brand and as per your target group. Social media marketing and especially email marketing is nothing if it is not customized as per the customers’ sentiments, demands and expectations. So, it’s better that you have a thorough understanding of whom you are going to target with those emails and how would they respond to it.
Kevin George is Head of Marketing at Email Uplers, one of the fastest growing custom email design and coding companies that specializes in professional email template creation and PSD to HTML email conversion; they are Mailchimp Experts. He enjoys sharing his insights and thoughts on email marketing best practices on his blog.