If you have been lucky enough to get a promotion, then you are in a great position to finally have the job that you want and do something epic with it. There are a lot of things that you can do when you get promoted, and we’re not just talking about taking yourself for a well-deserved dinner or spa day. Being promoted is an honor and you have just had that honor bestowed upon you. The best thing that you can do with that honor is to roll with it and make sure that your new job is you on FIRE.
There are so many ways that you can enjoy your new promotion, from checking out whether you can afford to level up to one of many luxury homes you might have spotted on your adventures of glowing up in life, to buying into a new car that’ll get you to your brand new office in style. Let’s take a look at the things that you should do once you get a promotion.
- Be clear about what your promotion means. Before you accept an offer of a promotion, make sure that you know what the expectations are and what your organization expects of you. You need to know what your new role will mean for you. Any misunderstandings need to be ironed out so that you know your new goalposts. This is a huge meeting that you need to have!
- Set your own goals. You might have had goals in your old position but this is a whole new one and you need to know what you want to accomplish, why you want to accomplish it and how you plan to get there. Your promotion isn’t your ceiling; you still have room to grow and you need to have some goals for which you can aim now!
- Make sure that you set a meeting. Talk to your new boss and make sure that you iron out the details of your new promotion. You have to know what it’ll all mean for you. It will help you to succeed beyond anything else if you are communicative and you set a meeting to discuss what you need to know about your job.
- Build relationships. If you are going to be a manager for other people, make sure that you have relationships in your new job. You want to have friends in your role and you have to know that you cannot do this alone. This is your job and for it to be successful, you have to make sure that you are able to continue it with the help of those around you.
- Be humble. You can be ecstatic about your promotion and your life changes, but that doesn’t mean that you are going to be bragging! Be humble in your role and make sure that you keep a little balance with it. Be excited and be optimistic of the future, you deserve to be happy!