Along with all the responsibilities of your job and the myriad of tasks you must do each day, I want to add a few more things to that list by asking you to use these 10 phrases that will make someone’s day better.
Most everyone we come across has their own issues that lurk under their sometimes-false façade. They deal with anxiety and health issues that weigh heavily, financial and personal matters that keep them up at night, and a host of other problems that make their day more stressful than needed.
I say we should do our part to lessen the burdens carried by our fellow man. It’s not that difficult to do. Here’s how to do it.
How to Brighten Someone’s Day
When we go to the dry cleaner, supermarket, gas station, or bakery, let’s try our best to share a little ray of sunshine with those who serve us. Even if the interaction is brief, the positive effect can last longer than we realize.
Show decency, respect, compassion, and honesty to those in need (remember, we’re all in need of these). And, make them feel important.
Share these phrases…
These 10 Phrases Will Make Someone’s Day Better
- “Good morning, it’s great to see you again.”
- “You look fantastic today. What’s your secret?”
- “Thank you so much. I can’t tell you how much this means to me.”
- “You look like you can use a hand. What can I do to help?”
- “I couldn’t have done this without you. Thank you!”
- “You’re the best, I mean it. We all can use a few more people like you.”
- “I can imagine how that must make you feel. Let me see how I can fix that for you.”
- “Your smile brightens up the room. It’s amazing how you make people feel.”
- “You’re the reason we keep coming back here. You take such good care of us. It means a lot.”
- “You just made my day!” What do you say to make someone’s day better?
I challenge you to use phrases like these each day to as many people as possible. Some may call them, “random acts of kindness”. If you do, two things will happen. First, you’ll make others feel better about themselves. And second, you’ll become known as someone who can bring sunshine on a cloudy day…
…and that’s some of the best ways to create memories.