No other social network comes close to for professional networking and lead generation. However, while many professionals use the platform to make new connections, LinkedIn is much more than just an online rolodex.
If you’re considering marketing your business on LinkedIn, this post will guide you through the ins and outs of using the platform, including:
- What types of businesses should be using LinkedIn (and why)
- Whether you need a personal profile or business page (or both)
- How to use LinkedIn groups to expand your influence
- How to get more followers for your business page
- How to use LinkedIn ads and sponsored updates
Who should be using LinkedIn (and why)?
Businesses in virtually any niche or industry can benefit from using LinkedIn. Some of the key benefits include:
- Making connections with like-minded professionals
- Recruiting candidates for job openings
- Reducing or eliminating the need for cold calling
- Optimizing your presence in search engines
- Connecting with media outlets and generating publicity for your business
- Gaining exposure for your brand
- Establishing yourself as a leader in your niche by sharing blog posts and participating in industry groups
- Not surprisingly, B2B businesses report seeing the biggest impact from their efforts on LinkedIn.