Just about everyone, at some point in their life, has experienced self doubt. Even the most confident and self-assured person has had moments when they wondered if something they were attempting to do was the right thing, or even if it were possible for them to achieve it.
And there is nothing wrong with that.
We are only human.
Even experienced speakers, for example, who are accustomed to speaking in front of thousands of people, get butterflies in their stomach before a presentation.
Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.
5 Negative Effects of Self-Doubt
There comes a time, though, when lack of belief or self-doubt becomes a problem.
Instead of being a momentary challenge, it becomes the norm.
While self-doubt is not always the same as low self-esteem, it can create negative effects in one’s life.
- Self-doubt affects your beliefs about yourself.
- You disempower yourself by believing that others can do it but it’s not possible for you.
- It prevents you from taking the ‘risk’ to increase your knowledge and be open to possibilities.
- It keeps you in your comfort zone, where not too much happens after a while.
- It allows you to create and believe excuses you tell yourself as to why you cannot achieve
Now that you’re aware of some of the dangers that self-doubt can create, what can you do?
5 Positive Actions to Eliminate Self-Doubt
- Take decisive action to start creating a new thought process.
- Be honest with yourself to identify the cause of limiting beliefs.
- Make a commitment to yourself to prove every limiting belief or negative thought wrong.
- Train yourself, or get help a mentor or a friend, to see possibilities rather than failures.
- Believe that whether you’re 20 or 60 years old, you have potential and greatness.
- BONUS: See yourself as a Winner, not a victim.
As a Certified Life and Business Coach (Strategy and Accountability), I’m happy to talk with you in a Complimentary Breakthrough Session to assist you in creating a plan to eliminate doubts that may be affecting your results.
In the midst of a world where so many are disengaged, cynical and apathetic, isn’t it time for some fresh air? Isn't it time to join together in building a refreshing, new community founded upon “real” relationships, “real” thought leadership, and “authentic” engagement? NO Clutter. NO Spam. NO NO Fees. NO Promotions. NO Kidding. SIMPLY Pure Engagement Unplugged. ☕️ CLICK TO GRAB YOUR SEAT IN OUR NEW ENGAGE CAFÉ ☕️