Ahhh, the cry of our hearts is to be loved and respected beyond where we are today.
Whatever your circumstances, always remember how much you want to be living in your dreams. Guess what?
Others feel that way, too.
As I live through life each day, I am encountering oh, so many people who simply feel stuck in life! It can be a bit overwhelming to consider just how many people want to:
- be doing something else each day (as compared to what they HAVE to do).
- be in some other relationship (as compared to the one or the ‘none’ they are currently in).
- be in some other geographical location (as compared to the one they are currently in).
- experience very different feelings on a daily basis (as compared to the ones they endure now).
- be delivered from serious financial lack and/ or the heavy debt burden they are currently experiencing.
- find the spiritual well-being and the church family they have long sought for.
- discover answers for the burdens of their hearts (burdens for themselves, others, and society that are so much larger than one person’s ability to solve).
There are so many people who simply want to experience a different quality of life as compared to the one they are currently feeling “stuck” in.
What is the answer? How in the world can one person possibly respond to all of these deep cries from the heart of men and women?
Well, obviously one person cannot possibly solve all of this human dilemma. However, there are a few things one person can do to help alleviate the human suffering. Let’s make a short list:
- Let’s treat others as though we see them thriving in their futures even if their behaviors don’t match up today with their future. This doesn’t mean accepting unacceptable, abusive behavior. It simply means showing and sharing kindness where possible. Life is complicated. We can’t solve everything, be we can show kindness.
- Let’s point people in the direction of known resources that might help in some way. There is not necessarily a one-stop-shop to solve every human dilemma in one swoop. But, each of us knows of one resource for one life struggle. Life is complicated. We can’t solve everything, be we can lead one person to one life resource.
- Let’s purpose to stop saying, “No!” to opportunities we know nothing about and have failed to ask one question of the person presenting the opportunity! My goodness, I have never in my lifetime seen so many people act so rudely when someone is simply mentioning the possibilities for bettering their life; establishing a second stream of income; saving money here or there; or whatever other life improvement opportunities are being presented. Are we so stinking self-absorbed and social media drunk that we’ve lost the common courtesy of listening for 5 minutes or returning a call or text to simply thank someone for reaching out to us? Life is complicated. We can’t participate in everything that is offered to us, but we can be courteous and respectful.
- Let’s purpose to take responsibility for the dilemmas that are causing challenges in our lives. We all have personal life challenges. The beginning of change is for each of us to admit what we’ve done or not done in decision making and in action to contribute to the challenges. Only then can we each consider what to do differently or better. Life is complicated. We can’t hope to find solutions as long as we are all blaming everyone else and speaking negatively about those we blame. We can’t solve it all in one day, but we can stop slaughtering others with our tongues.
Ultimately, a part of the solution lies in each of us having the best interests of others at heart. You know, the simple behaviors like kindness, respect, love, and discretion toward others. These actions are so gentle in a very harsh world. They will be noticed and they will make a difference.
Even more, when we are gentle in these ways, we are planting seeds of graciousness for our own futures. Remember, seeds planted and nurtured bring forth fruit. Always.
Choose your FUTURE fruit by your actions today. Life is complicated but oh, yes, you can choose your future!
In the midst of a world where so many are disengaged, cynical and apathetic, isn’t it time for some fresh air? Isn't it time to join together in building a refreshing, new community founded upon “real” relationships, “real” thought leadership, and “authentic” engagement? NO Clutter. NO Spam. NO NO Fees. NO Promotions. NO Kidding. SIMPLY Pure Engagement Unplugged. ☕️ CLICK TO GRAB YOUR SEAT IN OUR NEW ENGAGE CAFÉ ☕️