The collective sorrow of 2020, Q1 is truly palpable across the media pages and the miles of our lives. If you and your team are feeling the impacts of uncertainty for today and the unknowns for the future, it’s okay!
The experience with the COVID-19 pandemic is a for-real individual and collective loss experience. While the journey of loss and coping with all of the impacts is personal (and different for each person), the impacts are certainly experienced within the team setting and organization, as well.
While there are many aspects of our COVID-19 journey that are not controllable, oh my friend, there are some actions we CAN take that are fully within our control. Here are a few suggestions:
- Acknowledge your sorrow about the swift changes in the world (and in your life) that have impacted life as we all have known it, However, don’t set up a tent around the sorrows – to camp out there forevermore.
- Talk to a trusted someone. Share your thoughts and feelings. Say what you are thinking. Get it out.
- Create a simple gratitude list each day. This practice is powerful to our thoughts, feelings, and self-will to want to fix things that we cannot control.
- Be kind and gentle with yourself. Practice self-care several times each day. You matter for your future in Growing Forward strong.
- Choose to develop a “New You” life and business strategy that includes specific actions you CAN take each day to achieve some ‘green checkmarks’ of accomplishment.
- Develop at least 2-3 outcomes you’d like in your life and in your business in the next 90 days. Use these outcomes to propel you forward each day in your purpose-filled actions.
- Set a daily schedule for your workdays and do the activities. Our humanness thrives in structure. And, you will more likely achieve your green checkmarks if you set a schedule.
When you have done all you know to do and you can do, rest.
Rest in the truth that “this, too, shall pass!
The quarantine will ease up and shift into a new normal of activities and living. People will begin to work and learn and live productively again. We will each experience the amazement of a new normal, most probably much like Post-9/11 days.
And we each adapted and learned to thrive in our own Post 9/11 life. So, too, shall we each build on those victories and successes to rise up in Post C-Virus living and loving and laughter.
We will find a way, individually and collectively – because we CAN!
Stay in the Game of life and business, my friend. Position yourself, now, to run full speed ahead when life resumes.
I’m cheering you on and I’m here to support, as you’d like to connect.