Many of you are probably not eager to start blogging as you think it takes too much time or you do not think you will be good at it. Nonetheless, if you own a business, have a website, and have several social media profiles, it is essential to be active in all of those and the best way to do it is to blog and here is why…..it is the best way to “get noticed”.
- Blogging should offer your readers valuable tips and show that you have expertise in your field. The more valuable the information you offer, the bigger your following will be and they may even retweet, like or comment on your posts. All of this will be beneficial to your brand and speak to the credibility of your knowledge and expertise.
- Google expects you to increase the content on your website regularly and it must be rated as good content or it can hurt your Google analytics and then you will not come up very high in a Google search. They even send out bots to see what is happening on websites. Regular blogs containing informative tips will enhance your site, your profiles, and your search ratings.
- You can provide links to new posts on your social media platforms, which again keeps them active and of course, sends traffic to your site. This could end up providing you with new business.
- Clients may find your blogs beneficial and begin to follow you, which means you could likely benefit from repeat business or even referral work.
- If followers on social media enjoy your posts they could also become a source of new business for you, “like them”, retweet them or share them. This, in turn, gives you even more exposure.
- As far as the time it takes to create the blogs, here is what I do. I set aside at least a half day once or twice a month and just sit down and write a lot of blogs. I store them on the back of my website so that they are ready for publishing when I want to put up a new post. As I blog on several sites, for one of them, I just send them to the owner of that site and he stores them and publishes them when it is appropriate for his needs. This way I have a “stock” of articles ready to go for many posts.
- If you have a book, you can also blog about it and its content and that can help to sell it. I have been contracted to write for a magazine in the southern US because of blogging about my book…..so you never know what your blogs can bring you.
So, if you have been considering blogging for your business, perhaps the reasons offered here will spur you into action. Honestly, once you get into the habit and have your time set up for creating them, it really is not that difficult to do and the rewards you will reap are truly worth the effort.