REALVOICES 360° SUBMISSIONS
Do you have a “story worth telling”? What true, personal experience, epiphany, or lesson do you have –that will make a difference to someone else? What experiences have shaped you? Well you’ve come to the right place if you’d like us to consider showcasing YOUR story.
Ever since human beings sat around the fire in caves, we’ve told stories to help us deal with the ups and downs of life. All great stories illuminate and inspire. Remember – This isn’t a TED Talk, a business presentation, or a sales pitch. This is you, informally speaking from the heart about something you’re passionate about. It’s storytelling at its best, pure and simple and as you recount your experience, it’s always best to frame it by considering the WHO, WHAT, WHEN, WHERE and WHY. So keep this in mind as you craft your message, along with the following streamlined guidelines:
- What you are sharing is firsthand, authentic, wisdom of actual experience –not a research-based, theoretical message. And please –No music videos/music within your videos, poetry recitals, or static images. Our audience wants to see and hear the REAL you delivering your message in a relaxed, informal manner.
- No need for a lengthy intro, talking about how you’re going to talk about your topic –just do it! And please, NO special/promotional intro/outro graphics –keep it simple.
- Everything about your video must be non-promotional/commercial, including your message and your background. Any hint of promotion will disqualify your submission without further consideration. And please, let’s avoid anything divisive, inflammatory, religious, disrespectful, mean-spirited or political.
- Do your very best to keep your video to 5 minutes or less. The attention span of a typical audience lasts about 7 minutes before you run the risk of losing them. Remember –clarity of your message is more important than the length.
Relax, exhale, have some fun, and enjoy the experience. Remember –it’s a CONVERSATION with your audience –not a PRESENTATION.
When your video is ready, simply click on the CLICK TO SUBMIT below (send to [email protected]) with REALVOICES 360° SUBMISSION as your email Subject Line. Please include the following, as incomplete submissions will not be considered:
- An “unrestricted” link to YouTube link to your video, recorded in the highest quality resolution.
- A Title for your story and brief introductory paragraph, setting the stage for your video message. We recommend that your story Title be posed as a question.
- Your Personal Biography (350 words or less) along with your social media links. No business/company bios, please.*
- Your Headshot.*
*no need to submit if you happen to be one of our Featured Contributors.
IMPORTANT ► PLEASE BE SURE TO RECHECK THE ABOVE LIST BEFORE SUBMITTING.
We’ll confirm receipt, which starts the clock ticking on our evaluation results –delivered to you within ten (10) business days. If accepted, your video will be published under your personal byline, presented on our exclusive REALVOICES 360° Showcase Page, and shared across our massive global audience. Please keep in mind that curation is at the heart of everything we do –and sometimes that means determining that content is simply not fit our core ethos –that is to rediscover humanity at its very best.