Men, if you have been blessed with a daughter then you know that there is something really special about the Daddy-Daughter Relationship. Many Dads have shared with me that when they first heard their wife was pregnant they hoped for a boy. But the moment that little girl was placed in their arms they wouldn’t have traded her for a thousand boys!
I know the feeling! Three times my life has been greatly blessed with a beautiful baby daughter being placed in my arms! Each of my daughters has grown into wonderful women – two now with children of their own and the 3rd recently married! In the past few years, I have been encouraged by seeing lots of social media photos of all dressed up Daddies and Daughters on their way to a Daddy-Daughter Dance.
A year ago a good friend shared with me about a Daddy-Daughter Date Night hosted by Chick-fil-A that included two sets of questions to help get a great Daddy-Daughter conversation going: – one set for a Daddy to ask his Daughter and the second set for a Daughter to ask her Daddy. I am reprinting them here with permission from Chick-fil-A:
✅ Daddy to Daughter Questions:
- What is one thing you think you will definitely be great at when you’re an adult?
- If you could spend more time doing anything in the world, what would it be?
- If you had a robot that could help you with one chore, what would it be?
- What is the silliest thing you have ever done?
- What makes a good friend? Why?
✅ Daughter to Daddy Questions:
- In what ways do you think you and I are most alike? Different?
- During a normal day of work, what kinds of things do you do?
- If you had to eat one food for the rest of your life, what would you choose?
- What is the most amazing thing you have ever seen with your own two eyes?
- What’s something adventurous you wish you could do?
Click “HERE” for “Six Tips to Planning a Great Date With Your Daughter” by Tiffany Greenway with Chick-fil-A.
✅ Now Three More Questions for All Dads:
- When are you going to ask your daughter(s) if she will be your date? And if I may suggest – please schedule these dates regularly – this is not a once and done kind of date!
- When do you think your daughter will be too old for a Daddy-Daughter Date? My answer: My daughters still love going out with Dad! And I wouldn’t miss these times with them for the world!
- Will the questions above also work with your son(s)? You bet they will!
📌 Moms do not be left out – Ask your son(s) and daughter(s) for special dates and great conversations too!
Dads & Moms, what questions would you add to the lists above?