There is One vitally important question we must ask ourselves ………..
Do we want to know the Truth or be comfortable living the Lie?
- Truth is a difficult-to-please partner. Lie is an easily pleasurable paramour.
- Truth is demanding. Lie is accommodating.
- Truth is one. Lies are many.
- Truth stands on its own legs. Lie stands on many legs
- Truth is uncompromising. Lie puts one in a compromising position.
- Truth is scorching. Lies are soothing.
- Truth shows up in one’s personality. Lies hide it from visibility.
- Truth brings one to his senses. Lies keep him intoxicated.
- Truth is stark. Lies are shadowy.
- Truth exposes the Lie. Lies hide the Truth.
- Truth is hard to handle. Lies are easy to mouth.
- Truth scorches. Lies are like balm applied on the burns
- Truth drives the ego away. Lies give it an abode.
- Truth digests the Lies. But the Lie has to vomit the Truth.
- Truth is energy. Lies try to sap it.
- Truth exists. Lies have to be invented.
- Truth requires effort. Lies are effortless.
- Truth has to be contended with. Lies are contentious.
- Truth is the light. Lie is the shadow.
- Truth burns the ego. Lies keep ego alive and ego returns the favour.
However, one feels comfortable living the Lie than knowing the Truth because Lie is a constant companion whereas Truth is a one-time revelation.
“Truth will always be truth, regardless of lack of understanding, disbelief or ignorance.” —W. Clement Stone
“Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold.”
Please share your comments……. What is your take on “truth”?