In Part 1 of Three Episodes, Darlene Discusses:
The front and center news of the convicted pedophile Jeffrey Epstein has brought attention to the issue of the abuse of children. I decided to talk about my historical experience in dealing with this issue.
- Sexual Abuse is about power and is physical, emotional and sexual abuse in one.
- Unfortunately, those in power often escape justice for any crime including sexual abuse.
- When sexual abuse involves family members (incest), it becomes a very complicated issue.
- Professionals did not recognize its prevalence or destructiveness until the 1970s when victims’
- Symptoms simulated those of Vietnam Vets. suffering from PTSD.
Sexual abuse is an attempt to rob the soul.