Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.
OH, Baby, it’s cold outside! So tonight, plan to do something special, romantic and sexy for your loved one. Take a relaxing bath together with the olive oil from your kitchen! The secret to beautiful winter skin is out, and it comes in a bottle of olive oil from your kitchen. How intriguing is that?
Often secrets from the past will catch up to our present to change the future. An ancient hidden key to health has been revealed to us. The Super-food olive oil is not just for cooking, as shared in the recipe below. Live oil is also for beauty.
This article is a healthy skin recipe for the gorgeous, sexy you inside and out for 2019.
Did you know olive oil is a super-food that is also a beauty product that meets many physical needs? It creates a moisture barrier for your delicate skin during the harsh winter months, even while you are vacating on hot sun-kissed beaches, or when skiing on icy wind-swept slopes.
Cold pressed extra virgin organic olive oil is the oil of choice for this article.
Did you know olive oil can decrease the risk of breast cancer and recurrence? It can also reduce inflammation. Studies shared in Olive Oil Times, have shown olive oil’s oleocanthal phytonutrient mimics the effect of ibuprofen in reducing inflammation. Olive oil components currently being studied for their possible effects on cancer are Squalene and lignans. Pure olive oil is very rich in vitamins A, E, K, minerals, and natural fatty acids.
One of the overlooked benefits of olive oil is how it nourishes, hydrates, rejuvenates, protects, prolongs and maintains skin’s elasticity and softness. It also helps skin cells regenerate and is perfect for sensitive skin which may react negatively to heavier pour clogging oils.
Olive oil is so rich in antioxidants and found to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines that it is present in many expensive anti-aging skin care products because it has proven to be rich in antioxidants.
Follow your lucky stars!
Dr. Oz describes olive oil as, “An anti-aging wonder food with head-to-toe benefits that is also Liquid Gold. I want every one of you to start using it every single day.” “Before I go onstage, I drink olive oil. It’s disgusting, but good for your throat,” singer Selena Gomez told the UK’s Top of the Pops. Australian model Miranda Kerr swears by mixing olive oil with a little lemon juice for shiny locks. “It’s a home recipe my mother taught me, and I have yet to find a better way to repair my split ends after a catwalk show,” she told French Elle magazine.
With such a long list of olive oil benefits it was challenging to choose 9 beauty uses for you:
- Facial Moisturizer- Use it full strength on your face and like the Greek women you may have beautiful skin.
- Hair – Mediterranean have glorious hair, and their secret is Olive oil hair conditioning which is easy and quick.
Before shampooing, apply slightly warm to the touch olive oil to your hair, leave it on your locks for an hour, then shampoo and condition as usual. Shampooing twice may be necessary. It may be necessary to remove residual oil.
After shampooing, add three drops of oil to 8 ounces of warm water for a final rinse that will give your hair a healthy glow. Only apply to the ends of hair that is naturally oily.
- Makeup Remover – Remove stubborn “24 hour” and waterproof makeup with a small amount of olive oil on a damp cotton pad. Without scrubbing or tugging on sensitive skin gently wipe away all the makeup from your face. While it gently removes makeup, it nourishes your skin at the same time.
- Bath Oil – Add it to your bath water for a healthy soak. Gorgeous Italian actress Sophia Loren has a beauty secret – she loves taking olive oil baths by adding two tablespoons of oil to her bathwater.
- Body Moisturizer – Add a few drops to your body moisturizer for longer lasting hydration. It will also make your favorite products last longer.
- Perfume – to increase the life of your favorite fragrance mix a few drops with your perfume.
- Shower Oil- After your shower, distribute oil on your wet body, wait 30 seconds, and then gently pat skin dry. Your skin will glow!
- Signature Fragrances – Mix essential oils like lavender rose, or sandalwood with olive oil to create your own one-of-a-kind fragrance fit for a king or queen. Your fragrance can be as strong or light as you choose to make it. Apply it sparingly to strategic hot-spots; behind the ears or on wrists, or dilute it by spreading it all over your wet body after a shower for a combination of great smell and softness that will last all day long. Oil has a natural way of holding onto scents that outlasts alcohol-based fragrances. This is one reason why most oil-based perfumes are costly.
Your Olive Oil Food Recipe for the Holidays
There are many flavors of olive oil. The rule of thumb is the darker the oil, the stronger the taste. Olive oil in dressings improve your skin, hair, and nails, and will nourish your body from the inside out.
It pairs well with apple cider vinegar which contains inflammation-fighting properties.
The latest research findings have shown that consuming a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar daily has health benefits for type 2 Diabetes, has been seen to help arthritis and heart patients, and it can help with weight loss.
Recipe: Olive Oil and Apple Cider Vinegar Salad Dressing
(Tips: Do not mix oil and vinegar together because they will not combine. Use the 3 to1 Rule of 3 Tablespoons olive oil to 1 Tablespoon vinegar.)
- Rinse lettuce and shake off excess water. Do not pat dry. Add oil and toss. Residual moisture will help distribute the oil evenly and keep the lettuce from wilting from the vinegar acids.
- Drizzle vinegar onto lettuce and toss again.
- Season with salt and pepper or your favorite herbs to taste.
- Remember, beauty starts from within. Organic is a great way to eat, but using organic products on your body is a healthy alternative to processed chemicals and dyes.
*You may substitute any vinegar for the apple cider vinegar.
TIP: For salads buy the best olive oil you can afford and use it strategically and sparingly.
Winter’s harsh elements can drain our natural oils and challenge our skin. By combining beauty with health a healthy state of being is created that is stronger than the sum of its individual parts. Stay strong with the olive-oil-glow of wellness. Like the Mediterranean Diet, olive oil is a great secret kept by some of the most beautiful women and men in the world.
Beauty may be in the eye of the beholder, but healthy is a measurable fact.
A drop of oil is all you need in food and on your skin. By using it sparingly on your food, in your recipes, with your products, in the bath or directly on your body, a bottle of high-grade extra virgin organic olive oil may last a long time. And, you will be reminded of its benefits every time you look in the mirror because the secret is now yours.
- Olive Oil Times https://www.oliveoiltimes.com/olive-oil-health-benefits
- Apple Cider Vinegar for Weight Loss – https://www.healthyandnaturalworld.com/how-to-use-apple-cider-vinegar-for-weight-loss/
- California Olive News- https://www.oliveoilsource.com/article/squalene-olive-oil
- The World’s Healthiest Foods- http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=nutrientprofile&dbid=110
- 10 Celebrities Who Love Olive Oil- https://www.oliveoiltimes.com/olive-oil-basics/10-celebrities-who-love-olive-oil/41174
- Your Sexy Super-food Recipe For Love And Beauty In 2016, https://medium.com/@KathleenKanavos/your-sexy-super-food-recipe-for-love-and-bea