In the world of business and especially in #workplacewellness, we seem to be obsessed with numbers, quantification, and ROI.
Not everything needs a number. (Ouch, did that sting?!?!)
Without knowing the numbers, you can still have great success!
- Do we put a number on love or friendship?
- Is there a humor scale?
- How do you measure your interest in a subject matter?
- When an argument develops how do you measure its level of “heat”?
- You can even walk into a room and FEEL the tension or excitement without any measurement tool or number.
When things are going well in an organization you can sense it. Sure, you’ll see results too such as winning the Super Bowl, again and again, revenue increasing exponentially, being flooded with resumes and nobody ever quitting.
But you’ll also FEEL the positive energy when you arrive there each day.
- You’ll see people engaging in enthusiastic discussions and excited to work.
- People will recommend their friends to be hired.
- People will gladly work after hours, without even being asked. (Imagine that!)
- Ideas will be flowing like a fast-moving river because people are jazzed about what they’re doing.
Do you really need a number to know how things are going? If you do then perhaps you’re simply completely out-of-touch with your people.
If this makes sense to you then “like” it! If you can relate or disagree then please, “comment”! If you think this article can help someone you know, like your manager(s) or your network, then, “share”!