First some easy ones you all know:
1. The stock market will drop, perhaps precipitously, making now great time to rebalance retirement portfolios.
2. The price of gas will inch up and in the meantime, more states will add a little gas tax here and there to quietly fill empty coffers.
On Mortgage Lending:
3. There will be more low rate, “no closing costs” home refinancings available to good credit risks, as lenders try to figure out what to do with themselves. Not much of a spoiler here, since this is already happening.
4. More lenders will be answering the phones when borrowers want to settle up their mortgages. Lenders will be cutting the red tape that is costing them a fortune. Also, more lenders will be settling pending home foreclosure litigation. Something is better than nothing, some might be thinking.
5. Cases that don’t settle will result in more large judgments against lenders, in part because lenders did not do some of the things mentioned above all along.