Please take the pledge against distracted living!
I want to live a full and joyous life! I want to have meaningful connections with the people I love the most! I want to be fully engaged in the lives of my family and friends. I want them to know I love them and I want to feel their love for me. I want to notice and enjoy this beautiful world we live in and savor all that nature has to offer me.
I want to engage all of my senses to be fully present in this wonderful and beautiful world. I want to feel fully, love deeply, and rejoice with my whole heart at all that life has to offer.
Therefore, I take this brave pledge against DISTRACTED LIVING:
- I will not look at or take out my phone when I am with my family and friends.
- I will not use my phone when I am interacting with any other people (i.e., the store clerk who is assisting me).
- I will turn off ringtones and notifications when I am out in public at concerts, plays, social events, and more.
- I will shut off or put away my phone, laptop, tablet, and TV when it is time for things like family dinners, BBQs, and any other social event.
- If I need to use my phone when around people, I will politely excuse myself and move to a private location.
- I will not view my child’s concerts, social events, and other special occasions through the screen of my phone.
- I will better plan my day so that there is time to respond to e-mails, phone messages, and the like.
- I will watch and learn to manage the amount of time I use social media. I will strive to never let virtual reality become my reality.
- I will never look at my phone while driving my car. I will not text and drive. If I do need to use my phone while driving, I will either use Blue Tooth or pull over to a safe spot. I will not endanger others by using or looking at my phone while on the road.
- I will turn to God instead of Google, Family instead of Facebook, Inspiration instead of Instagram, People instead of Pinterest, and Socializing instead of Snap Chat.