We all must have read how our thoughts have a direct impact on our reality, from various different sources; to quote a few:
- “As you sow so shall you reap” – Bible
- “The mind is everything. What you think, you become” – Gautama Buddha
- “Yad bhavam tad bhavati” – As you think (or feel), so shall it happen – Upanishads
- Energy in our body influences the energy in our extended body (Universe) to manifest in it – Deepak Chopra (Spiritual Laws of Success)
- Synchronicity – an Acausal principle & a phenomenon where an event in the outside world coincides meaningfully with a psychological state of mind – Carl G. Jung
So, is the authenticity of this phenomenon Philosophical, Psychological, Religious, Spiritual, or just Superficial? Let’s try to understand from the perspective of science.
We have a couple of models of reality to understand; Newtonian (Newton) & Quantum (Einstein) models of realities as below:
Newtonian Model of Reality:
- Energy is an outside force, separate from matter
- Cause and Effect
- Waiting for something outside of us to change how we feel inside of us
- We often find ourselves as Victims
Quantum Model of Reality:
- Energy and matter are related
- Causing an effect
- How we think & feel inside of us influences the world outside of us
- We are Creators
It’s the Quantum model of Reality (Einstein) that subscribes to the Law of Attraction. So how do we (as Creators) go about creating a life (that we want) with our thoughts alone?
For this, we need to understand some basics of the Quantum model of reality:
It is our personality that creates our personal reality. So to create a new personal reality, a new life, we must create a new personality; we must become someone else.
– Dr. Joe Dispenza (Neuroscientist)
- Thoughts are the language of the brain, Feelings are the language of the body
- Thoughts are the electric charge, Feelings are the magnetic charge
- How we think & How we feel creates our ‘State-of-being’
- Our ‘State-of-being’ corresponds to an electromagnetic signature
- The quantum field responds not to what we want; it responds to our ‘State-of-being’
How does it work?
Everything is energy and that’s all there is to it. Match the frequency of the reality you want and you cannot help but get that reality. It can be no other way. This is not philosophy. This is physics.
– Albert Einstein
- To create the life that we want, we must match our ‘State-of-being’ (Energy) with the Potential energy in the Quantum field; which means we should think & feel in coherent ways to the future reality that we are looking for.
- Our body chemically starts feeling as if the future event is happening in the here-and-now as we fabricate that emotion with our thoughts.
- As our ‘state-of-being’ starts resonating consistently in our thoughts & feelings, we are generating our new Electromagnetic signature that can match the potential reality in the Quantum field.
- We need to understand that this process takes time. Also if this does not produce intended results, we have probably been sending an incoherent message into the Quantum field.
- This requires elements like Intention (To Transform), Attention (To Energize), Instruction (To involve the body), Repetition (To practice with no distortion or noise), and in the process, we have Learning (To make new synaptic connections).
Whatever we plant in our subconscious mind and nourish with repetition and emotion will one day become a reality
— Earl Nightingale
Oneness of the Universe
The correlation of our “State-of-being” with the ‘Energy’ in the Quantum field implies that the Universe is an expanded (or higher) state of our consciousness. As quoted by Nobel prize-winning Physicist Erwin Schrodinger, “Quantum physics thus reveals a basic oneness of the Universe”. So this whole concept is relatable to ‘Oneness of the Universe‘.
The cosmos is within us. We are made of star-stuff. We are a way for the universe to know itself.
― Carl Sagan (American astronomer, scientist)
On similar lines; Yajurveda reveals, “Yatha pinde tatha brahmande, yatha brahmande tatha pinde“. That is – “As is the individual, so is the universe, as is the universe, so is the individual” or “As is the human body, so is the Cosmic Body, as is the cosmic body so is the human body”.
Let us be the creators of our own future reality in being coherent of our thoughts & feelings and also experience the oneness of the Universe.