In This Episode, Darlene and Laura Staley discuss: Laura is the Founder of Cherish Your World. Her inspirational book, Live Inspired, along with her stories of hope and resilience helps people transform inside out.
- Laura is trained and certified in the Western style of Feng Shui.
- Her Trifecta of serving people is speaking, writing, and compassionate listening.
- She is the published author of two other books.
- Laura has been writing her entire life, but the journey of personal essays began about twenty years ago.
- Her move to western North Carolina released a bountiful of creativity which includes her gorgeous poetry.
- The Sound of Music inspired her.
- People who have overcome difficulties inspire her including Harriet Tubman, characters from the book The Help, Elie Wiesel, Victor Frankl, Maya Angelou, Oprah Winfrey, her dad, and grandmother, Hope.
- Despite her challenges with her mother, Laura moved toward the “good” rather than a different path.
- When she is feeling sad, she knows she is not alone and realizes love is right there. She will send messages of love to her children. In addition, meditation also helps connect her to love.
- She became the mom for herself and her two children in which she has beautiful relationships.
The mountains were where my soul is supposed to be.