by Ken Vincent, Featured Contributor
Someone said to me the other day that I’m too hard on myself. Not the first time I’ve heard that. So, maybe they are right.
– Do you feel you made a mistake when you hire a person that doesn’t work out?
– Do you feel a bit down when you try something that fails?
– Do you feel like maybe it is partly your fault when you have to terminate an employee?
– Do you feel disappointment when you lose a valued employee?
– Where does “hard on yourself” become “TOO hard on yourself”?
– Is the difference the degree of how hard you are on yourself, or is the difference how you deal with life’s zingers?
– Is that line the same for everyone? If not, then what determines where that line is for each of us?
Are we all too hard on ourselves from time to time?