The Floridan Palace is a national landmark hotel located at 905 N. Florida Avenue, Tampa, Florida. It was officially listed in the National Register of Historic Places on March 12, 1996. On March 19, 1996, the City of Tampa adopted local Ordinance No. 96-55 designating the hotel and as a local landmark and landmark site. The Floridan Palace, formerly known as the Floridan Hotel, or to locals, simply the "Floridan," symbolizes Tampa's growth as the epicenter of business on the West Coast of Florida. At approximately 240 feet tall the hotel was Florida's first skyscraper and remained the State's tallest building until 1966. It is the only historic skyscraper remaining in Tampa of the six constructed downtown between 1910 and 1930.