The question on what keeps today’s CEO’s awake at night may not be as surprising as we often think. But the answer may be a big surprise to some of us. So let us take a closer look on what indeed makes today’s CEO’s awake at night, especially from Fortune 500 companies.
As per a study conducted by the Harvard Business Review in 2015, and global business trends from ’15, the following five pain points were identified, all of which had to do with people, and very little to do with process or technology. Surprised?
Let us take a closer look at what is missing the most today in Fortune 500 companies:
- Significant Shortage of Quality Leaders – More and better leaders are needed urgently across organizations, at all levels of an organization, especially at the C-Level. Well, that can happen through leadership development, transformation trainings, and executive coaching.
This statement resonates among leaders for a reason:
“Globally, executive coaching is increasingly being recognized – both in the public and private sectors – as one of the most effective ways to develop exceptional leaders.”
- Find and Attract Potential Leaders – Not every organization looks attractive to potential or highly developed leaders. The fact that talent acquisition teams can identify current and potential leaders is just half of the battle. The other half is attracting and keeping them despite high competition. Knowing what it takes to be the kind of employer that will attract, engage, and keep the best of the best is a true art that sadly not too many organizations understand.
- Find Right Talent – Today’s fast changing and transforming business game on the global scale requires more than ever the right talent at the right place. More than ever, the soft skills, that were neglected for a while as the key component of overall competence, are essential regardless of secret organizational success.
To allow true leadership transformation to occur within an organization, it is essential to address talent management and development needs first.
- Get Leaders Developed as Quickly As Possible – Strong existing leadership that is core across all layers of an organization is needed to further develop and integrate new leaders. Leadership gaps hinder the success of talent and teams to make the most impact in the ways they can based on true potential. It is such a shame not to play a pro game!
“The growth and development of people is the highest calling of leadership.”
~Harvey S. Firestone
- Best New Talent Company Representation – How new talent is represented in your company is the question of the day! Is their social media reflecting strong leadership brand presence or no is it often left for customers to decide as they are making decisions on where to buy a product or service or recruit the next best all-star talent.
Massive success to you on your journey as a transformational leader!
Leave a Legacy – A Legacy That Matters!
Be a Legend – Your Legendary Way!