We often think we have to wait and do something really big in order to make a difference, but I tend to believe we can create change by doing small but heartfelt actions. Create2Uplift is dear to my heart because It’s a way to take small but direct actions towards uplifting a woman in need…while being creative in the process. It’s a win-win.
- What cause is near and dear to you? What difference are you committed to making? I wish to help women who feel isolated and lonely. We often think we have to wait and do something really big in order to make a difference, but I tend to believe we can create change by doing small but heartfelt actions. Create2Uplift is dear to my heart because It’s a way to take small but direct actions towards uplifting a woman in need…while being creative in the process. It’s a win-win.
We can shine a light in someone’s day/life in very simple ways and the smallest gesture can create powerful ripple effects! That’s what Create2Uplift is all about!
2. Was there an AHA moment or is this something you were always interested in? In October 2017 I attended a Beth Moore conference with my Church. Nearly 2000 women gathered to worship God and hear her message. Hearing Beth Moore message was awesome and I found myself soaking the energy in the room. There was such a deep force rooted in this arena and I felt a sense of support and togetherness. It was truly a special experience. As I was leaving, I looked back in the room, still filled with thousands of joyful women, and I thought to myself;
How could all these women keep that joyful energy once they get home? I didn’t have an answer… just yet!
The idea of starting Create2Uplift stemmed from an illustration I created during the event. It’s a simple illustration but as I examined it more carefully, it made me realized that I have been an advocate for uplifting and empowering women for a very long time! I decided to use that illustration and started a YouTube Playlist called: Art Journaling – #create2uplift
3. Why are you passionate about this cause? I am passionate about Create 2 Uplift because it offers a way to actively help a woman in need through creativity. There are a few ways to use create 2 uplift:
✅ Watch the videos, print a few coloring pages and offer a colorful illustration to a girlfriend.
✅ Invite a girlfriend to color with you
✅ Share the create2uplift playlist with friends and spread the word about how coloring and being creative helps heal your soul
6. How can others get involved?
[message type=”custom” width=”100%” start_color=”#F0F0F0 ” end_color=”#F0F0F0 ” border=”#BBBBBB” color=”#333333″]
STEPS TO GET INVOLVED
1. Make a list of 2 or more women you would like to uplift.
2. Subscribe to my channel here: Paint With Nathalie
3. Get some art supplies (or use what you already have) Find my recommendations HERE
4. Print your coloring & journal pages (watch videos & color with me)
5. Share your coloring page on Social Media using the hashtag #create2uplift and help us spread the #creativegoodness
Other hashtags: #strongertogether #creativegoodness #pauseandpaint
7. What is your secret to balancing work and giving back? I am always searching for balance. I go with the flow between the demand of my Pause and Paint business and find time to record my free videos and share about Create 2 Uplift on Social Media and by talking about it. As I mentioned earlier, giving back starts with small but heartfelt gestures.
8. What’s Next? I am preparing for an art exhibit to take place in 2019. I also wish to have health/creativity retreats in the New England area and continue to grow my YouTube channel.
Listen to my “Divas That Care” Podcast here:
I hope you enjoyed getting to know me and my passion for creativity, meeting new women and offering painting workshops to uplift and support women! Please feel free to connect with me on other social media platforms or send me an email with any questions. I hope you get to visit my YouTube channel and start sharing coloring pages with other women. It all starts with self-expression… because creativity is within YOU!