3. Write, write and write some more
I saw an artist on LinkedIn say on his life experience that he had made a million brushstrokes. I loved that expertise line on his CV. Writing is what makes you the champion in the end. Stay true to your values. Be authentic. You hear that word all the time: it simply means, be yourself and remember to be kind – kind to yourself and others.
Writing translates part of our communication. With videos, images, and other media, you can increase the chances of your unique voice to be heard. Why not make a few podcasts, music if you are a guitar hero or a singer, a poet? Humor is good, but it does not translate to all cultures, politics are a hot potato, they quickly divide the audience. Try to find a voice that translates to your audience, and preferably to an audience as diverse as possible in the genre you want to reach. It is a big world out there, after all.
4. So how do you kick off your blogging in two days?
- Choose your managed website provider
- Select your user name (not ‘administrator,’ but what you use to login to the tool)
- Select your site/blog name. Many people start with their name, or their account name already on other public media and later on create a personal domain (WordPress charges a small extra fee per month for a customized domain name). It is easier to choose once you know what type of blogging is your mainstream.
- Choose your theme/layout
- Select your images to customize the template for the banners (In WP you can, e.g., choose the banner images to rotate)
- Write a few thematic headers: About you, your two to three main writing topics, how to contact you, and what defines you, what is your experience and goal of the site
- Pull in a few widgets from your other media, like Twitter, Pinterest or Instagram feeds
- Start writing out your first blog. It is easiest to start with a daily or weekly theme of, e.g., 500 words and an image
- Select categories – these could be the same as your thematic, for example, Best Travel Locations, Cooking Class, Mental Health, Be Mindful, Life Hacks
- Remember to add keywords, i.e., tags for people to find your site and blogs
- If you have any existing writing, blogs, anecdotes, quotes, etc. you can quickly schedule several posts to come out during the week
- Whenever in doubt, Google it or look for videos on YouTube! And ask for support from the website provider. 24/7 online (chat) support was one of my criteria for selecting a platform.
It will take you a little time to toggle around the new website features, but if you choose a managed website, you do not need any coding expertise to set it all up. I did mine (The Digital Teacup) over one weekend, including the first blogs and posts about my site and publications. After that, I continued with 2-3 monthly articles and several weekly short poetry posts, and travel or nature videos.
If you have more questions: see if this post is helpful: Frequently Asked Questions on The Digital Teacup. Don’t hesitate to drop a note if you have questions after reading the posts.
“Start writing, no matter what. The water does not flow until the faucet is turned on”
~ Louis L’Amour
More quotes about writing to inspire you: 18 Motivational Quotes To Bring Out The Writer In You.
- medium.com I https://medium.com/
- Inc.com I https://www.inc.com/amy-george/how-to-write-an-attention-grabbing-article-on-linkedin.html
- WordPress Plans I https://wordpress.com/pricing/?currency=EUR&sgmt=gb&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google_WPcom_Search_Brand_Desktop_FI_en&utm_medium=paid_search&keyword=wordpress%20plans&creative=329642199597&campaignid=654740867&adgroupid=58186168691&matchtype=e&device=c&network=g&cpn=654740867&device=c&pl=&targetid=kwd-81343023804&locationid=1005576&gclid=CjwKCAjw7uPqBRBlEiwAYDsr135yuDoylyz0duI411EzWrhNvMLeKXGz68MH5tnlU73Xlo4rwGUlxBoCH30QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
- top10bestwebsitebuilders.com I https://www.top10bestwebsitebuilders.com/?utm_source=google&kw=best+site+builders&c=303028460794&t=search&p=&m=b&adpos=1t2&dev=c&devmod=&mobval=0&network=g&campaignid=134707237&adgroupid=7006990597&targetid=kwd-102747455&interest=&physical=1005576&feedid=&a=2024&ts=rotw&topic=&utm_campaign=&nodeID=&gclid=CjwKCAjw7uPqBRBlEiwAYDsr128f87xOhstxVwY6uejexab4vdrt3ignWLRlFi1ILRYbg8Il2DLk-RoC4Y4QAvD_BwE
- Socialmeditoday.com I https://www.socialmediatoday.com/marketing/2015-02-27/20-sites-get-free-stock-images-commercial-use
- The Digital Teacup I https://thedigitalteacup.com/frequently-asked-questions/
- Medium, Roshane de Silva I https://writingcooperative.com/18-motivational-quotes-to-bring-out-the-writer-in-you-ea3e61c93734