Every single person has a story that will break your heart. And if you’re paying attention, many people… have a story that will bring you to your knees. Nobody rides for free.
~ Brené Brown
‘May grace and peace be multiplied to you, being born again with a living hope, guarded through faith for salvation, because you have been grieved by various trials. The testing of your faith is more precious than gold…gold perishes. Though your faith is tested by fire, may your faith result in praise, glory, and honor of the revelation of Jesus Christ. Even though you have not seen him, you love him & believe in him, obtaining the salvation of your souls.’- 1Peter 1:2-9
For today, perhaps, think about this:
Be Teachable with Faithfulness Because managing your cortisol and adrenaline levels has a direct impact on your inner emotional health and living a flourishing life.
After 40 years of research, Dr. John Gottman, with the Gottman Institute, shares that every person has an Emotional Bank Account. They wake up each day with approximately 9% emotional space giving an opportunity with a high risk of misinterpretation and miscommunication within relationships.
Conflict, increasing your cortisone (stress hormone), blood pressure, and adrenaline, might easily happen when you least expect or want it to. It does not take much to use 7% of 9% before leaving out the door in the morning, increasing cortisol and adrenaline levels, causing heightened frustration and anxiety.
- 1% Waking up late
- 1% No morning quiet time
- 1% Only one cup of coffee instead of two
- 1% Concerns about work, school, weight, sleep, family, friends, life
- 1% Getting ready and out the door
- 1% _________ etc…you fill in the blank
- Learn your behavioral patterns, observe yourself.
- Notice what makes you easily frustrated or offended.
- Pause, pray, reflect on what you are grateful for before getting out of bed each morning.
- Depositing into your Emotional Bank Account.
- Guard your heart, mind, and spirit, from depleting your account.
- Do at least one thing today that you enjoy.
Blessings to having a heart of peace, being teachable with faithfulness,