Contentment is not the fulfillment of what you want, but the realization of how much you already have.
And on the seventh day, God finished his work that he had done, and he rested on the seventh day from all his work that he had done. – Genesis 2:2
Today, perhaps think about this:
Be Peaceful with Gentleness because even thought sleep is very important to our health, not everyone is able to get a good night’s rest.
Gallup defines Physical Wellbeing as having good health and enough energy to get things done on a daily basis; the fourth of five essential elements in living a flourishing life.
Getting a good night’s sleep is like hitting a reset button. It clears stressors from the day before. Scientists are discovering that people learn and make connections more effectively when they are asleep than when awake.
- Consciously watch your patterns.
- What you eat and drink at night has an impact.
- What you think at night has an impact, slow down your thoughts.
- Relax in the evening.
- Put away and distract your mind from your work and any electronic distraction, news, and social media.
- Slow down your night activities.
- If you sleep well and others do not allow freedom in their taking short naps to help reduce their stress levels and irritations due to not sleeping well at night.
- 7-8 hours of sleep each night has optimal benefits.
TRIP: (Think, Reflect, Imagine, Practice)
When people have a heightened sense of sadness, fear, anxiety, guilt, they can forget to breathe or they take small short breathes.
Your brain needs oxygen.
- Pause, consciously draw inward, take three deep breathes filling your brain with oxygen, and clearing your mind. Perhaps pray, thanking God for blessings in your life.
- Think of a good place, a body of water, or possibly outer space, clearing your mind from what is making you sad, fearful, anxious, or guilty helps a person cope, self soothe, build energy, and build relationships, living a flourishing life.
Practice deep breathes throughout each day, holding each breath for five-ten seconds:
- before getting out of bed
- before sleeping when in bed
Blessings to having a heart and mind of peace,