The men who succeed are the efficient few. They are the few who have the ambition and will power to develop themselves.
Guard your heart with all vigilance for from it flows the springs of life. – Proverbs 4:23
Today, think about this:
Be Empathetic with Joy, because pausing and turning inward, consciously understanding and regulating my self physiologically, helps keep my mind, body, and spirit, healthy filled with joy and flourishing.
- How do you give yourself permission to comfort yourself?
- How do you give yourself permission to comfort others?
Are you able to understand, value, and share the feelings of yourself and others?
Gallup defines Career Wellbeing as how you occupy your time or simply liking what you do every day. It is the first of five essential elements in living a life that matters and living a flourishing life. Whether a person works, volunteers, stays home, is retired, etc. Enjoying your day matters!
For those who stay focused and engaged in their day, happiness and interest throughout their day are significantly higher. Conversely, stress levels are substantially higher for those who are disengaged. Most heart attacks occur on Mondays.
Those with a thriving Career Wellbeing have a deep purpose in life and a plan to attain their goals.
- Before getting out of bed each morning, give yourself permission to consciously turn inward being grateful and joyful for yourself and for others in your life.
- Before getting out of bed each morning, think of why life is meaningful to you and what priorities are for your day.
- Two times throughout your day pause, consciously turn inward connecting to your heart for five to ten minutes, asking yourself what stress level you are at from 1-10. Write down your level and write down the root reason for your level.
—If you are someone whose faith is important, also connect with your Holy Spirit. Praise God, confess any fears, then think of, and thank God for all the blessings He has given you.
- Get up and get away from what you are doing. Walk around distracting yourself from what you are currently doing and connect with others. Say “Hello _(name)_, how is your day?”
- At the end of your night pause again, consciously turning inward, put distractions (work, social media, tv, pets, etc) away connect with the person(s) closest to you with gratefulness, comfort, and joy!
- Perhaps this is not easy for you, that is okay, it might not be.
- Perhaps this does not make much sense to you, give it some time, it will eventually.
TRIP: Thinking, Reflecting, Imagining, and Practicing – these steps will begin making sense. Even though you might feel awkward and uncomfortable now, in small steps you will begin feeling comfortable and competent by consciously practicing.
Blessings to being empathetic with joy because giving comfort to yourself and others with feelings of pleasure and happiness build energy towards having a heart at peace,