As we cycled a few gentle miles to a small beach by the lake today, I had to stop suddenly as I was blown away by the beauty of what I saw.
Right in front of me there It was:
A painting of Love, by Nature.
Best regards, the Universe.
Love is both a force and a skill. A skill, you ask? Well yes, in fact.
Love is the ability to give and receive;
Live is the ability to harmonize and differentiate;
Love is the ability to be and be with;
Love is the ability to support and challenge;
Love is the ability to touch and liberate;
Love is the ability to protect and not manipulate.
What if we all embodied Love and went about our daily lives embodying and applying this skill? Imagine what the working world could look like:
- Giving and receiving (e.g. feedback) would be a two-way street – shedding ego-driven behaviours and systems;
- Complementarity through diversity would be eagerly sought for;
- There would be human beings – not human doings – where employees would thrive and bring the best of their beings to the table;
- Everyone would be supported and challenged irrespective of hierarchical relationships;
- Inspiring conversations would ignite expression of creativity without the need to control outcomes;
- Psychological safety would be the norm, allowing organisations to be a place of trust, growth, and free discovery of self and self in a collective.
Because ultimately, Compassionate Leadership, Conscious Leadership, Heart-led Leadership, Servant Leadership, Caring Leadership …. well, they all embody Corporate Love.