How do you get your words out of your mind and into your readers?
Write work in a style you feel comfortable with. When you write naturally, in your own style, it helps to sustain your energy levels through all the books you plan to write.
The reason you write doesn’t matter. It doesn’t matter that it’s not a beautifully written piece of prose nor if it’s not perfect grammar either.
Also, when you begin writing, you may find some glaringly incorrect and jarringly terrible text. However, write for you first, then your audience later. Then, if a gold nugget appears for you amongst what you might consider the sludge, then great! Your efforts have not been in vain.
Whatever happens, do not apologise for your work.
Besides, I defy you to find any book that hasn’t got at least one error in its pages.
So, what’s ahead?
In forthcoming episodes, you’ll get all the following information:
- The challenge of changing – how to go with the flow
- Building blocks of history – how you can gain the qualities required to be an author
- Doing and being – how to decide what you want
- Typewriters vs. Personal Computers – how these have changed a writer’s world
- Knowing your ‘why’ – how to determine the reasons for your desires
- Obstacles determine your determination – how to overcome the blocks you face
Are you with me on this?
If you want to learn how to be an author, how to get into the minds of your readers, then what have you to lose by reading these posts? Time? Effort? You certainly won’t have to pay for them!
EDITOR’S NOTE: ENJOY KAYE’S PRIOR ARTICLES IN THIS SERIES
EXTRACT from: How to be an Author – Vol.1: Writing Your Writing