Yes, dear readers my title of this missive of this rendering of my probing thoughts may to some of you a wee bit puzzling. Perhaps good old Gumshoe has finally been released from his tendrils of reality? Maybe . . .?
But not so fast my friends. Please read on further to understand this past meeting of Ms. Rand and Mr. Ockham.
The famous author of fiction Ayn Rand (the pen name for Alice O’Connor) wrote “The Fountainhead” and “Atlas Shrugged”. She died in March of 1982.
Gumshoe latched on to one of her pithy quotes:
The hardest thing is to explain the obvious to people who refuse to see it.
That was soooo true when Gumshoe responded to family disturbances, loud parties, and neighborhood disputes as well as dealing with TV lawyers. Don’t get Gumshoe started on the sovereign citizen buffoons.
Now let’s turn to the 14th-century theologian and logician, William of Ockham. He is credited with originating “Occam’s Razor”:
The simplest solution is almost always the best.
But of course, simplicity is better than complexity when it comes to problem-solving and critical thinking. Duh! “Keep it simple stupid” was a mental mantra for young Gumshoe on more occasions and not. Sometimes even for today.
This “meeting of the minds“ via the personal observations from both Ayn and William seemed to Gumshoe a good remedy in order to address our nation’s current state of chaos and confusion and conflict.
Here is Gumshoe’s list of simple solutions to clearly explain to the self-blinded iconoclasts or in cop parlance, the “HUA’s” — the heads up asses.
- Incompetent and corrupt leaders — replace them with impeachment or arrest. ASAP! Vote in person. No more mail-in ballots. Transparency in government for “We the people”. Sunlight is the best disinfectant.
- Crime — Hold criminals accountable with sure and swift justice. Protect the victims.
- Defund the police— Fund and support the police. Defund the BLM socialists and the Antifa anarchist thugs.
- No bail—All dangerous felons held in custody without bail. Hold liberal judges and prosecutors accountable for not doing their respective sworn duties.
- Gun control—support the 2nd Amendment for law-abiding citizens. Concealed carry for all competent and trained adults.
- Open borders—complete the wall and increase the customs and border patrol by transferring to them the 80 thousand plus IRS agents. Nations have defined borders with immigration screening protocols. Who among us leaves our residence doors open and unlocked at night?
- Sanctuary cities—cut off federal funding for not complying with federal immigration law.
- China, North Korea, Iran, Russia—peace through strength. Support our Allies and no more nation-building. Support our military and stop “wokeness”. We can only destroy ourselves from within according to “Honest “ Abe Lincoln.
- Public Schools—pay back the educational taxes directly to the parents to send their children to charter schools. Teacher unions do not support our children. Forget the 1619 Project as well as Critical Race theory. Drag queens have no place in our elementary and secondary schools.
- Fentanyl OD Deaths—border control and recognize Mexican drug cartels as terrorist organizations.
- Sex confusion—men are men and women are women. DNA doesn’t lie nor do the X or chromosomes. Sexual deviancy needs treatment not an open door to suicide.
- Colleges—support factual American History and respect patriotism. Teach the results of socialism. Defund worthless degree programs.
- Student Loan Forgiveness—join the military and serve our country and earn free education via the GI Bill.
- Media—Hire real investigative journalists who ask pertinent questions and do not act as propaganda talking heads. Democracy dies in the dark.
- Abortion—a murder is a murder, always choose life, your parents did by the way. Support the basic building block of any free society, the family.
- Secularism—God, Invite Him back to the public forum. Remember the “One Nation Under God“ thing. Love God as well as your neighbor. Have free and open public debate and discourse without character assassination.
- Climate change—a hoax and a fraud for the Green New Dealers who tilt at windmills like Don Quijote.
- Inflation—become energy independent. Fossil fuels fuel our economy and our way of life. Demand that the government stop spending and stop the excessive printing of money. Adopt a zero-based budgeting approach. Fire the experts!
Well, folks, Gumshoe feels a wee bit better now and he hopes that all of you’uns got fired up as well. Common sense just is not that common for some (the elites) but not for us common folk. Ayn and William are a pretty good couple to draw to for their observations and wisdom. Solutions are us! God bless America again is the prayer before He declares, “Lights out!”
Always remember to love the ones who love you and even try to love the ones who don’t.