Success comes to those with a focus on their distant vision inspired to be moving steadily forward. There is no decision of remaining lost in the crowd or becoming a leader. But sometimes when we experience setbacks, we often wonder if we will ever arrive, or should we cut our losses today?
Our subconscious thinking commands our actions. The power of positive thinking can be the game-changer for us to be moving steadily forward. Our thoughts affect our self-esteem and influence our attitude toward others.
Positive thinkers exemplify how our communication begins long before we conduct initial conversations. They put in the extra effort of research before meeting with their prospective clients. Most others do not. Beware that prospects do their research ahead of time, too. Many are already have knowledge of what we sell and what we represent professionally and personally. By the time we join a meeting, decisions have the meter leaning toward either a ‘No’ or a ‘Yes, let’s do it!’
Build a recognized personal brand and gain positive recognition by being true to your principles throughout your lifetime.
It’s essential that we draw a line in the sand as questionable opportunities arise. Early in my career, I recognized the need to openly communicate what I will and will not do for securing business. Due to unspoken subtleties, some decisions were more difficult than others. We all make errors that set us back on our heels. Moving steadily forward also requires becoming comfortable with negotiation and working out reasonable settlements.
How we handle the fix marks whether forgiveness is ahead. An upfront apology within 24 hours of the mishap that marks the difference and usually receives forgiveness. Taking responsibility for the unforeseen is the sign of a good leader.
One of the best trainings that helped me with moving steadily forward was that of Neuro-Linguistic Programming or NLP. Paying strict attention to what we hear firsthand and what a person omits from the conversation is very telling. Instead of brushing over the omission(s), asking questions reveals much. Similarly, observation of body language and facial expressions unleashes more clues that we are to address.
The last step is to carefully listen to the tone of voice. We quickly know whether or not to continue the conversation or end the meeting. Above all else, communications are to be friendly on all sides.
For a very long time, and although I was moving steadily forward, I felt as if I were moving slower than a turtle. But, over time, the effort proved to be well worthwhile. The more astute I became in observing others, the better my decisions became. Accordingly, the business grew.
Let your passion be your guide for moving steadily forward.
One significant differentiator for those of us who continue is awareness of what initially set us back.
Steadily Moving Forward Tips:
- Examine every aspect of the difficulty and how to best proceed in the future
- Revise my goals
- Ensure all goals are synchronous
- Confirm the new plan sparks the drive to attain my future vision
- Create a mental game to compete with me and drive further motivation
Review everything in place to ensure all strategies are working harmoniously. Ultimately, what you create is how others will remember you. Always view ‘today’ as the day for moving forward steadily. If you are early in your career, consider the subject matter and related topics to move you up. Post a job title or the name of a business and have it always visible.
- Chart out a course of action for the next twelve months.
- Ask for feedback for improvement from peers.
- Use negative commentary as your motivator to launch forward.
As you are planning and preparing for moving forward steadily, create a mental game for the process. It can be as simple as tallying the number of prospects and clients you call, and the number of affirmative nods for a meeting. Compare daily, weekly, and monthly positive responses. Tweak your approach as you move forward, and similarly monitor the outcome.
Are you ready to become a leader on social media? Monitor how you communicate on the varying platforms.
- Is your profile descriptive, and do your actions mirror what it states?
- Is your following growing, or does your communication style need improvement?
- Do you respond to messaging in a timely manner?
Adjust strategies and monitor the connection numbers. The key differentiator here is to make connections with people whose messaging you care about, can learn from, and who inspire you. Monitor the results.
Revisit why you chose your job or entrepreneurship, whether the passion still holds, and how you can improve your approach. No matter how slow you or I go, the differentiator is in not giving up, but using motivation and perseverance for moving steadily forward.
The lyrics to ‘My Way’, by Frank Sinatra, summarize today’s blog theme:
“I’ve lived a life that’s full I’ve travelled each and every highway And more, much more than this I did it my way Regrets, I’ve had a few But then again, too few to mention I did what I had to do And saw it through without exemption I planned each chartered course Each careful step along the by-way And more, much more than this I did it my way.”
Sales Tips: Moving Steadily Forward
- Have a serious meeting with your inner voices about the future
- Determine if what you are doing today is in sync with the vision of your future self
- Begin listing the habits and strategies in need of change
- Ask peers for recommendations to get to the next level
- Prioritize classes and coaching for moving forward
- Lift the burden of improvement by gamifying your effort
- Monitor setbacks and improvements
- Continue to revise your plan to cross the divide for quicker advancement
- Build similar-minded connections by communicating to common interests
- Celebrate Success!
For More Insights:
- Visit Elinor’s Amazon Author Page
- Are You Creatively Adapting To Future Business?
- Do You Reflect On The Past To Improve Your Future?
- How Do You See Improvement?
- Are You Ready To Update Your Perspective?
- Are You Consistently Honest?
Today’s insights are provided to help you achieve the Smooth Sale!