Business stereotypes are preconceived notions that every customer has of your business. What do they expect when doing business with you? Are the expectations good or bad?
What image or idea do you send to your customers?
- “The lines are always too long.”
- “The place is so outdated.”
- “Your salespeople only care about making the sale, whether the item is right for me or not.
- “I stopped shopping there. They never have new items.”
- “The employees always seem so miserable.”
- “That place is a rip-off.”
- “They try way too hard to be trendy and I just don’t feel comfortable there.”
- “Every time I call, I’m put on hold forever.”
Are these false stereotypes of your business or truthful statements?
Remember, our business is not what WE think it is but what THEY (the customers) think it is.