CLICK BELOW TO REDISCOVER HUMANITY

A DECADE+ OF STORYTELLING POWERED BY THE BEST WRITERS ON THE PLANET

Analyzing the “RecruiterSpam” Problem

There was a poorly-researched article about e-recruiters in The Atlantic magazine recently, which prominently featured me, without acknowledgment, and without any effort at journalistic integrity or any effort to determine the truth of the situation: http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2014/02/imagine-getti…

via Analyzing the “RecruiterSpam” Problem – RecruitingBlogs.

CLICK HERE TO GET TODAY'S BEST WRITING ON THE PLANET DELIVERED TONIGHT

BIZCATALYST 360°
BIZCATALYST 360°https://www.bizcatalyst360.com/about/
WE ARE THE AWARD-WINNING PUBLISHING DIVISION OF 360° NATION —PRESENTING OUR LIFE, CULTURE, AND BIZ MULTIMEDIA DIGEST AS A HUB OF CREATIVE EXPRESSION AND PERSONAL GROWTH. WITH AN EMPHASIS ON ACTION, OUR VAST GLOBAL CONTRIBUTOR COMMUNITY EMPOWERS PEOPLE TO TRANSITION FROM KNOWING WHAT TO DO TO ACTUALLY DOING IT —ALL COMPLEMENTED BY SYNDICATION RELATIONSHIPS WITH A CHOICE GROUP OF EQUALLY INNOVATIVE MEDIA OUTLETS. TODAY AND EVERY DAY, WE SIMPLY DELIVER THE VERY BEST INSIGHTS, INTELLIGENCE, AND INSPIRATION AVAILABLE ANYWHERE —DOING IT OUR WAY BY PLACING OUR WRITERS AND OUR AUDIENCE AT THE FOREFRONT. IT'S MAGICAL. IT'S EVERGREEN. AND QUITE FRANKLY, IT'S JUST GOOD STUFF. PERIOD.

SOLD OUT! JOIN OUR WAITING LIST! It's not a virtual event. It's not a conference. It's not a seminar, a meeting, or a symposium. It's not about attracting a big crowd. It's not about making a profit, but rather about making a real difference. LEARN MORE HERE


   

CONVERSATIONS

  1. I read the Atlantic article and it simply made me chuckle. The funny thing was, when I looked at the statistics from the website (that compiles the stats on recruiters), and looked at the background of the recruiter who was accused of sending the most emails, I was pretty impressed. He’s earned his stripes, is very well educated, and hustles! I’ll bet you all the marbles and chalk that his book list far surpasses the “candidate” who compiled the stats/spewed the vitriol.

    After over 25 years in tech recruiting, one thing has become abundantly clear to me; with the rare exception, the higher you go in the ranks, the nicer, more professional the people are. Yes, there are IT executives who are pretty hard to deal with, but for the most part, most executives have learned how to be professional. They have left the prima donna attitude to those who, though “brilliant”, are legends in their own minds.

    And the fellow who outwardly says on his Linked in profile that he does not talk to recruiters is such a rich example. To me, his outwardly contemptible attitude saves me from mistakenly trying to place him with a top tier client; only to have him be a bother to others. The poor guy will be rapidly passed by his peers who simply know how to be cordial to others. The upside is that a guy like that would rarely be referred to me. Birds of a feather……

    Case in point. Just yesterday I went through all the requirements my client had for the IT position they have asked me to help them with. After all was said and done, the client very emphatically stated that the soft skills (communicating, being a team member, handling stress, etc.) would weigh very heavy on who they hire.

    My guess is that most (good) companies would look at candidates who spend their time compiling statistics on recruiters they hate, and candidates who outwardly show disdain for others, and avoid them like the plague. It is no wonder these candidates rarely attain, much less retain, executive status.

    Yet, here is the kicker. Companies rely on us (and pay) to keep a list of these types of candidates. And every good recruiter, even if they compete with you, let you know who burned them. Rancid candidates would cast this off as, “honor among thieves” perhaps. We call it integrity.

    Are about 90% of the candidates I talk to smarter than I am with regards to their specialty? Survey says……..yep! And I will do anything I can to enhance their career. I really get a kick out of it. And have for many years. What about the other 10%?….they are certainly no smarter than the others (outside of their own heads, of course); I just avoid them because they suck the air out of any space.

    Are there bad recruiters out there? Of course! Deal with it. And yet, in my career I have been constantly fascinated with the integrity, wisdom, creativity, and sheer brilliance of so many of my peers. Most of who are also smarter than me in so many ways. They have contributed to my happiness (and is that not what most of us are truly seeing?) in more ways than I can express. Pretty much daily. Even on weekends, sometimes.

DAILY INSPIRATION. DELIVERED.