I couldn’t put this all together in a post due to its length! So now it’s an article!
What it is;
To organize and plan your time so you can meet a goal or deadline. It is the skill that allows you to divide your time between tasks and activities in a well thought out approach with the best possible outcome!
It isn’t easy as things pile up and you are under pressure.But it can be learned and make things better. It is an acquired skill that shows your ability to problem solve, plan strategically, delegate and organize.
Some useful tips to apply:
- Make short notes of what you have to do
- Prioritize those which must be done first
- Start with the first and focus on it, don’t let your other tasks interfere
- Complete this task and cross it off your list
- Start the next task
- Interruptions happen so decide which of them needs to be addressed and…
- Re-write your list of priorities…it can change many times
- Repeat steps 1-5
Remember that you need to stay focused. Multi-tasking is not doing many things at once, rather it is the ability to jump from one task to the next. This is how the brain works. One thing at a time. The more you do this the quicker it gets.
Also to keep in mind you must take care of self,
- Sleep well
- Eat right
- Meditate or pray; connect with your spiritual essence
- Learn to say “no”
- Do not obsess
- Be confident
- Delegate; Divide and conquer! Utilize your team, family, friends, and colleagues
Knowing what to do with what time you have will be a transferable skill many will seek. It is also rewarding and once you deliver, execute, and accomplish; your ability to succeed will add to your sense of accomplishment! This, in turn, will add to your feelings of self-worth and confidence…and thus you seek other tasks! See the cycle? You are ready to take anything on! (Well maybe not everything. Lol…that’s another post!)
Seize the day!
See the chances before you and do the things you wants to do instead of waiting for a later time!
Ok! So there you have it! Hope this helps! Have a wonderful day everyone!
“I know it now when I’m obsessed, for nothing else is addressed!”