If you work in a modern office, the odds are good that you spend plenty of time at your desk. Your desk is your haven, it is where you get work done while maintaining your own personality. Unfortunately, computer desks have this bad habit of collecting dust, dirt, and grime. If you want to clean up the computer desks and tables at your office, you are going to have to get creative. Today, we are going to be discussing a collection of different tips that you can deploy in order to keep your computer tables clean.
Cleaning Your Computer Tables the Right Way
Alright, so you work inside of an office building. Your office is probably filled to the brim with computer tables. These tables and desks have computers on top of them; documents stored below them, and grime accumulating behind them. If your task is to clean up the computer tables, then you’ve got some work ahead of you. Fortunately, your job can become significantly easier by taking a tempered approach while listening to our tips. Rather than tearing through the office without a plan, use the following steps in order to guide you during the process.
1) Strip Your Desk – If you are really aiming to deep-clean your computer tables, you need to start by stripping the tables and desks. What do we mean by this? You’ll want to remove everything from on top of and below your tables. Essentially, you’ll want to work with a completely clean surface. An added perk of stripping your tables is that you’ll be able to clean the various components that had been on the surface. Once the tables have been completely stripped, you’ll be able to easily get to work wiping down and preparing the surfaces. Use this clean slate in order to really embrace your cleaning efforts.
2) Replace Old Furniture – If you work in an older office, you might be due for replacement furniture. If you start cleaning your computer tables only to realize that they are in pretty poor shape, it might be time to make a new purchase. Companies like Fast Office Furniture Melbourne can help to supply you with the right office furniture for your workplace. Look for computer tables that can adequately supply you with the space that you need in order to get your work done. Consider buying tables in bulk in order to save money on your total purchase.
3) Use Natural Cleaners – When you have your surfaces cleared out, you are ready to start cleaning. There are a variety of ways to approach the cleaning process, but we like leaning on all-natural cleaning products. There are a variety of different chemical cleaners available for sale, but we don’t like the odor and the residue that they tend to leave. An all-natural cleaner will allow you to safely clean your computer tables without worrying about a bad smell or harming your lungs.
4) Add Storage Solutions – One of the easiest ways to keep your computer tables clean are by having adequate storage. A desk without adequate storage will quickly turn into a cluttered mess. Take this time in order to consider adding in new storage cabinets, trays, or compartments. When you and your workers can easily store your documents and work materials, you’ll have an easier time keeping everything clean and in order. Also, consider adding in/out trays to the various computer tables in your office. I know we are stressing this subject, but it is important. Proper storage solutions can make your office environment clean and better organized.
5) Toss Out Clutter – There is an old adage that you need to repeat to yourself, “When in doubt, throw it out.” As you go through the different computer tables in your office, take stock of the clutter that you find. If it is not a personal belonging, nor work-related, it is time to throw it away. The more casual clutter that you accumulate, the worse off your office will end up being. Casual clutter can be the death knell of a clean office. At the same time, try and encourage employees to minimize the personal items that they leave in the office. There is no reason that someone needs a collection of stuffed animals at their desk, for example.
6) Create a Schedule – Cleaning your entire computer tables at the same time can be something of a headache, right? In order to prevent the need for this type of deep cleaning going forward, consider creating a cleaning schedule. A cleaning schedule can help you to keep your computer tables clean and clutter-free. In fact, any type of routine can be beneficial to your office environment. Rotate who has to clean the computer tables or simply have a scheduled time every week for the entire office to clean their own desks. Pretty soon, this scheduled routine should turn into a personal routine that no longer requires your insistence.
7) Minimize Distractions – Finally, try and minimize the distractions in and around your desk. Distractions are the ultimate way to prevent you from cleaning out your computer desks. Whether it be the phone ringing or an email notification, there will always be something to try and sidetrack you. In order to minimize distractions while you clean out the computer desks, consider coming in after hours. If you don’t want to come in after hours, or you aren’t allowed, put out a notice that you are going to be inaccessible during a scheduled period of time. When you have nothing but your objective ahead of you, it is easy to get the job done well and on time.
The desks in your office are pivotal to getting your work done. When your desks are grimy or cluttered, your work is adversely impacted. Follow the tips that we laid out so that you can get your desks clean again. Follow a cleaning schedule, limit distractions, and take care to get every nook and cranny of your computer desks. Good luck!