In a world where most business dealings are slowly but surely transitioning to taking place in online spheres, a solid digital marketing campaign is a must for agents and agencies across industries. The ongoing pandemic has accelerated this process significantly, making it immediately necessary for real estate agents looking to turn a profit in 2021 to switch to remote tactics and employ effective online marketing strategies.
If you’re new to the digital sphere or inexperienced with maximizing the potential of your social media, never fear: this article is for you. Here are a few tips you can use to establish a powerful online presence, increase your brand recognition, and accommodate the changing needs of your clients.
1. Widen Your Digital Footprint
This may seem like common sense, but in order to establish a proper foothold in the online sphere, agents must have accounts on several highly populated social media sites, the basics being Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Different demographics use each, with Facebook being the domain of Boomers and older Millenials, Instagram being populated by older Millenials and younger, and Twitter being a platform where you can get the attention of people across a wide swath of generations.
TikTok is also a good choice for the adventurous and creative agent, as the video format allows for a wide variety of content and it can be used to market to younger Millenials, the generation most likely to buy houses in 2021.
2. Create a Diverse Array of Content
The types of content that you produce on these sites will determine your digital marketing campaign’s success or failure and determine whether you are likely to profit off of your efforts. The most important thing is to be creative, to think outside the box, and stand out. You don’t want to be seen as just another option in a sea of real estate agents vying for potential clients; you want to be seen as a brand yourself, unique, personable, and able to meet clients where they are.
Lacking ideas for what you might post? Here are a few things you can do to properly take advantage of your social media:
- Take advantage of modern technology for your property photography. Property photography is the most basic kind of content that will go up on your social media, and so should be done exceedingly well. Consider purchasing a drone and using drone photography to capture beautiful, attention-grabbing shots of your property.
- Don’t be afraid to make your content interactive. AR and VR tech also exist, despite the lack of real estate agents maximizing their value. Make it possible for your clients to enter and examine your properties from the comfort of their homes, and it will drive up your brand recognition and your engagement all at once. Also, consider making some of your property photography interactive.
- Make yourself into an online personality. As a real estate agent, you are your brand, and you should market yourself as open, approachable, and knowledgeable. Perhaps consider using a TikTok account to teach younger generations about how real estate works. Use your Twitter account to communicate relatable thoughts and daily witticisms (while avoiding anything political or otherwise risky, of course). Use social media to make it easier for your audience to connect with you and see you as a person, not just a salesperson.
3. Make Sure Your Messaging is Consistent
It isn’t enough to have a bunch of social media accounts and post content daily: you have to have a strategy in order to maximize the potential of that content. You have to make sure your image and messaging are consistent across all social platforms, and that you’re exploiting the unique features of each platform to their maximum benefit.
This can be difficult to manage on your own. If you find your digital marketing campaign doesn’t appear to be a successful one, consider hiring a professional to run it for you.
Moving Towards the Future
Whether you choose to run your digital marketing campaign yourself or enlist the help of a consultant, the choice to go digital will reap benefits for you in the short and the long run. Following the above steps and getting creative with your content will help you launch a successful digital marketing campaign that will carry you forward into the future of real estate.