“99 percent of success is built on failure.”
– Charles Kettering
It’s time to enjoy some positives in life! There have been many ‘wins’ in 2018 for American women and consequently, for women around the world. There are too many to list. I have listed some of my favorite ‘wins’ from the political environment that affect women’s lives 24/7.
- Tax Reform – After 30 years of NOTHING, we can be happy that we have tax reform!
- The stock market remains strong.
- Unemployment is the lowest in seventeen years.
- The unemployment rate for women is at its lowest since 2000!
- The Accountability and Whistleblower Protection Act of 2017 was signed to help the Nation’s Veterans.
- A record number of women are running for political office.
- The #MeToo Movement has created awareness of sexual harassment in all industries. However, until organizations consider sexual abuse and sexual harassment a severe matter, nothing will change.
- Nikki Haley was appointed to the Ambassador to the United Nations.
- Negotiations have finally begun with China about trade.
- The North Korean discussion continues to develop.
- Prince Mohammad bin Salman (MbS) can offer millions of women around the world hope and change .
Have a few $$$’s to donate? Please donate to this retired two-star general; he will change more lives than any of can hope to do. The current educational system has failed many American children, and nothing is going to be changed anytime soon. Therefore, this retired general is an individual that represents a viable alternative to improve education.
An executive order increased accountability levels for government employees. Anyone that has ever had a job understands that employee slackers do exist. However, depending on the work environment, some slackers continue to be employed while others are fired or forced out by their bosses.
Although women have many ‘wins’ to be excited about, there continues to losses that American women must address. Why?
Politics affects female lives from the bedroom to the boardroom. There is no escaping the effects that a few elite individuals have on our lives. Therefore, women must learn to control some parts of the dysfunctional system to try to create awareness and maybe some change.
American women should be aware of many losses they have sustained over time. However, only so many adverse situations can be reflected upon before people choose to disregard the information due depression. Here are a few recent losses you should review:
- The United States Supreme Court continues to be perceptible based on each justice’s belief systems.
- Inner city violence continues for generations of children. How can we help these children?
- President Trump revoked the 2014 order on fair pay and safe workplaces.
- 90 days in jail for abusing a little girl. California lawmakers and the governor of California still do not comprehend that American children are precious and future of the nation.
- Legal I-9’s that verify employment and identity have been required for ages. How many human resources professionals and human resources vice president’s have violated federal compliance? Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) plans to audit organizations for I-9’s (https://www.shrm.org/resourcesandtools/hr-topics/talent-acquisition/pages/ice-planning-surge-i9-audits-this-summer-fy2018.aspx).
- Was there a mass media blackout in the United Kingdom about alleged sexual abuse? Women should never be silenced.
- A political family dynasty may continue with Cindy McCain.
- The Mexican, Central, and South American governments continue to create one of the world’s worst humanitarian conditions for women and children. Humanitarian conditions that continue to cause people to flee their nations. Causing a humanitarian crisis that no one knows how to deal with or pay for creating other Nations in the Western hemisphere to struggle. One of the saddest for American women and women and children trying to escape is the fact that the ‘Rape Trees’ remain in Arizona maybe if Mrs. McCain takes Senator McCain’s job she can burn all the trees Mr. McCain has ignored for generations..
Conversations for the next six months:
American women will always have a list of issues to deal with our personal and professional lives. Below are a few items that I think should be focused on by our federally elected employees for the remaining six months of their 2018 careers:
- There are trillions of dollars of student debt. Student debt reform is needed.
- Trillions of dollars of debt. Can millennials pay enough taxes to create a debt-free society?
- Social Security is still going broke. Many women baby boomers will retire in poverty.
- Obama care. Is it over yet? By hiring the right experts that benefit the taxpayers as well as the Americans that need healthcare coverage, we can develop an excellent system for healthcare.
Fear of the unknown is difficult to overcome. Even though everyone thinks a change should happen and have tons of suggestions, 90% of humans do not like change and will resist it till until the change is imminent. Therefore, talk of reform is cheap and there are very few people on the planet that make it happen.
Life is all about living in the present and moving forward. Analyzing how politics creates wins, losses, and opportunities for women make the journey more productive.